Friday, March 1, 2013

It's my BABY's BIRTHDAY!!!!!!


Oh my goodness - hard to believe, but 17 years ago - we looked like this..............

This was taken minutes after the sweet baby was born!!!!   Two DREADFUL hours of pushing that  was VERY painful and on a rainy day - I can still feel the effect of that stress on my pelvic cartilage. Notice how YOUTHFUL I look. Remember when you were growing up and you thought your parents WERE OLD. I am sure that is how M thinks of me - but I am still YOUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here is my baby on her way to school this morning!!!!!   Of course, she reminded me of what a sweet kid she is and all that pushing was worth it. OK - most times, but I don't have grey hairs for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!




HAPPY BIRTHDAY M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  


LOVE YOU TO BITS!!!!!!



Yesterday was one of those crazy days. I seemed to run around trying to get errands done - get dog food since there was practically NOTHING left for them to eat. Then got batteries for the calculator that has been dead for weeks. Cannot find a battery for the thermometer that crapped out a while back. Going to give up on finding that one. Can't seem to find a number on the battery and I checked TWO places yesterday.

Then got bird seed, water for the water cooler and returned some light bulbs. See what I mean - a STUPID day where you get lots done, but accomplish NOTHING!!!!   Well nothing concrete!!!!

M needed to go to the drug store and after taking my blood pressure (97 over 57 - pulse 61), I spy head phones. Hmmmm - that would make the treadmill at the gym a tad more interesting. $20 later and I get a pair of head phones from STOMP.


The headphone box

The head phones 


Back in the car and off to the car dealer to see about my popping panels. I backed into a cement post a while back - a STUPID STUPID STUPID mistake that I normally don't do, but it popped part of the bumper panel out. Then the other day, I popped the front bumper panel out when I ran over some snow. I figured I better go see what can be done. Got away very cheaply as the body shop guy just popped those panels back in place and I had to replace one clip - for the grand total of $3.16 which hopefully they will have in stock today so yes - I have to go back. BUT to get the bumper repainted - $600 - 700. I will wait on that.

Back home and try to get a bit more quilting done on the quilt that I had loaded in the morning and was desperately trying to get done. Then off to the gym with M. We HAD to be there by four PM so she could watch Ellen!!!!!   Well I tried out my new ear buds and I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!   They are comfortable and the sound system at this gym is excellent. EACH machine has its own TV and you just plug in your head phones. While I have belonged to other gyms, NONE of them had this nice of a system. So I watched HGTV and learned all about RVs. If you want to know about a class of RV - I know that!!!!    I also learned that they are NOT for me. Good grief - most of them looked better than my house. What is the point of going away?????? And all the men just went gaga over the entertainment systems. Some of those RVs had THREE televisions in them. THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  


Then back home to finally finish the quilt.....................

Customer quilt - DONE

Detail of quilting - nice feathers


And then off to guild meeting last night. I tell you - crazy days like that - well I hope that they are FEW, but glad I got those errands done.

Oh - back to the gym this morning. I am really starting to feel some changes - it might not look like it on the outside, but I feel my abs are more toned - still a long way to go, but toning is definitely happening. And I feel so PUMPED and full of energy. I'm sorry if it spills out sometimes. And you know what - I DO NOT CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I am LOVING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got this book from the library -


How about that - they wrote a book about ME!!!!!   Fit and FAT!!!!!


You see - I have a superb resting heart rate, my blood pressure is low - but I need to lose weight!!!!!
This book says IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Now I know some people often think "how does she get the energy to do all that she does?". Well I think I have finally found the answer and it is in this book. Here is a quote..................



"Have you been hoodwinked into thinking only about the extra fat you carry on the outside, only to ignore what's going on "under the hood"? Your engine inside gives you energy, provides the motivation to do the things you want to do in life and power you to go out and do them. I'm talking about your inner power and essence, what's in both your physical and your emotional heart. Fat itself cannot hold you back unless you let it. When you develop a fit heart, nothing can stop you."


I think that pretty much sums it up. I was unhealthy as a child and not fit. My mother was and still is overweight. That was my motivator - I did NOT want to be like my mother (in that sense) so I made it a point to do some form of physical activity even if it was just walking the dogs - MY ENTIRE LIFE, but it is NEVER TOO LATE to start. Just get up and MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my GOD - this morning at our workout, I thought I was going to die laughing. We work out on treadmills (I will have to get some pictures). The treadmills face each other and to make things interesting, Maria brings in two rowing machines and places them between the treadmills. Then for a change, we have a contest - and get to row for one minute. Rowing is VERY HARD. Today people kept falling off the seat - it was HYSTERICAL. Well - you had to be there!!!!!!!!!!!    But on top of the exercise, to spend it laughing with friends for an hour - what better way to start the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Today is another crazy day. Better get started.




Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




(and get up and MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to M. Such a pretty girl. I have to tell you though that if a girl showed up in school here wearing short shorts she would be sent home to change, tights or no tights. How does a person stay warm dressed like that? I'd be freezing.

    ReplyDelete