Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sit n Sew day!


I am happy to report that THANKS to all my friends and supporters, I have reached my goal of $2,500 for The Ride to Conquer Cancer supporting The Princess Margaret Foundation.


We had an awesome time on Sunday - hey we always do and the laughs are so therapeutic. Not only that but it is a great time to catch up on what everyone is doing.

Here are some pictures from Sunday (and that is the LAST Sit n Sew for this year). More will be scheduled for 2014. I will be raising funds for the Palliative Unit at Credit Valley Hospital.

Katheleen brought this quilt for show n tell. She had done all the sewing on the top at previous Sit n Sew days. And now she gets to work on something else!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the BACK of Claudette's quilt. I love it - it is as fun and interesting as the front (which is The Happy Caterpillar)

Teresa got this baby quilt done and look at those SCRAPS!!!!!!

Ronda moving along nicely on her log cabin quilt

And there is Sharron with her black and white again!!!!!!!!!!!!


Anyway - it was an awesome day.

Thanks to EVERYONE for your support.


Managed to get some quilting done over the weekend.


Customer quilt



Detail of quilting


Customer quilt
Detail of quilting


Got this last night - a postcard from our post card exchange. 




Loads more to post - need extra time!!!!!!!!

But I have to tell you this because you ALL know about my technology woes. My STUPID STUPID STUPID phone has been acting up. It is very slow and the battery sucks. I have been trying to DELETE old text messages and e-mail to speed up the phone. So far, it has gotten SLOWER if that is possible. I was at the dentist and we were trying to make another appointment. Waiting, waiting, waiting...............   Finally I just said - book that date and time and if it doesn't work, I'll get back to you. I don't know that anything can be done except "take it in for service" which means that it will be gone for a couple of weeks, I get a crappy loaner and it will come back, no better than when it went out. I could buy a new one, but I don't qualify for a new one until January 2015. So I would have to cough up $150 at least. But I am going to go to the store today to see what they can do for me. And I will NEVER NEVER NEVER buy this brand of phone again!!!!!!!!!!!

Then the other night I went to play Scrabble on my tablet. I turned it on and NOTHING. Wait a minute - what is going on???   Perhaps the battery is dead, although I thought I just unplugged it. Perhaps someone unplugged the charger and I didn't notice. Well, I'll leave it. Last night, checked it and NOPE - it isn't working. It just tries to boot up and NOTHING. COME ON????????????  

So I dragged out my iPad. That useless piece of junk and it is still a useless piece of junk. It will NOT let me play Scrabble, it bounces me out of Facebook. So I ended up playing Scrabble against the computer. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Technology and me? Like OIL and WATER - they just don't mix.

I am starting to question if I am that incompetent???   Do I have some sort of magnetic field around that zaps all things electronic?????


Anyway - I am off to quilt all day and trying to tidy up from the whirlwind of the last couple of days. \

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment