Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Oh Canada!

Is it just me or are the days getting shorter?  No, I'm not talking about the fact that when I walk Lexi at 6:30 AM that it's dark outside.  Nope, I think someone has taken a couple of hours out of the day so instead of 24, I feel like I have 22! Wouldn't it be great if we could slow down time?

I guess that means more prioritization and being more efficient!

Today, I'm going to share with you and amazing project that made a spectacular show and tell the other night at the guild. 

In the guild year 2015/2016, the BOM ladies designed a Canada-themed quilt. Yes - I had good intentions when the year started. Heck - I even made the first row - the Northern lights one at the top. And then POOF - that project was put on the back burner for the remainder of the year.  I'm not even sure that I picked up all the patterns!

But the show and tell that we saw as a result of this BOM was amazing and KUDOS to everyone who finished. Some of them were actually QUILTED, BOUND - DONE!!!!!

I didn't catch who did what - so just enjoy the quilts. 

The other thing to note is that many of the makers personalized their quilts so that is why they all have a similar feel, but yet they are NOT the same quilt. 











Love the very Canadian theme to this backing!





Some of the quilts all together


This next quilt done by Peggy was based on the TV show - The X-Files.  I loved this TV show, but alas, no more TV for me.  It's like I'm an addict.  If I were to watch a show or two, I'd be hooked and I don't have time for that!!!


Quilt based on The X-Files
I believe Peggy said that she had joined an on-line group that does images based on popular characters.  I love the block that says "TRUST NO ONE!"

There were TWO mystery quilts also in the show and tell that were mystery quilts that I ran.  I only managed to get a picture of one of them.


Mystery quilt completed

This was a mystery designed by Debbie Caffrey and I ran it some group years ago!!!   I loved all of the mysteries that Debbie designed. They were loads of fun, but no time for that!

On that note - I'm out of here.

Have a super day!

Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment