Friday, February 17, 2017

Preppy!


That's one word that I would never use to describe myself!  I'm a far cry from preppy!  However, prepping - now that's more my style. I have three classes to teach this weekend and all of them still require prep work. The good news is that I've been prepping throughout this past week and so hopefully tonight won't be too insane. Normally, I would be prepping everything the night before or god forbid - the morning of the class.

I'm happy to say that everything is CUT.  Yes - all of the block pieces are cut. But I have a lot of blocks to sew - OK, let's be realistic - there are FIVE blocks at the most that need to be sewn. The blocks are cut?  Easy!!!!!

This is one of the classes


Fancy Forest quilt class
EVERYTHING must be labelled well and in bags for this one.  There are oodles and oodles of teeny tiny pieces.

Organized fabric baggies
And in prepping for the upcoming retreats this year, I must make sure that everything is packed light and tight.  There'll be more on that retreat prep as the time gets closer which isn't that far away.

Everything for the quilt is in the basket
NO - it's not a laundry basket. That's one of the ones that I bought to control the visual Task Master.  Imagine what this would be like if I didn't have baskets - there would be bags everywhere!!!

One set of blocks all cut
Yes - there are EIGHT blocks in this baggie

more blocks prepped
And eight blocks in this baggie


I know that Joyce will be watching me tomorrow to see if I actually get those blocks pieced and well, I love a dare!!!  I told her they would be done and I'm going to make sure that they are!  Not all eight of the same block will be done. That would take a miracle, but one is enough of each type of block.

The other night, I couldn't sleep. Just a lot of stuff going on in my mind. Instead of just laying there, thinking about everything, I got up and started to sort paperwork.  I made it through several piles.  I know I say this all the time and then it gets crazy again.  I just want to sort and file whatever I can. The bits will go into a box. I want that dining room clear. It's just not conducive to work and I need a good clean space.

On that note, another exciting happy day.  Oh yes - I'll have to share this story at some point. Let's just say that I would NOT make a good travel agent. The stories I could tell about my hotel bookings would blow your mind!

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!

PS - if you've never been on a retreat before or are looking to go on a retreat in the Orillia area, e-mail me if you might be interested. I have a spot or two open.

No comments:

Post a Comment