Friday, May 26, 2017

Charmed I'm sure!

I've earned a reputation. Well - I guess I've always had the reputation - it's just more noticeable.  I'm like an energizer bunny - some call it a bottomless pit of energy, some call it hyper - but it's there!  I'm OK with that, to be honest. However, I was having a discussion with my mother the other day. I was telling her about all the stuff I need to get done which means that I don't have time to work on updating her family history book (which I keep promising to do) and she said, perhaps I should slow down.  HA!   NOT going to happen Mom!

I'm also a passionate person and I'm obsessive. We all know that!  So that is why when there was an opportunity to collect charms at Missouri Star, the challenge was on and I arose to the occasion without a second thought.  

Here are the charms that I collected from my recent trip to Missouri Star.  There are thirteen in total and as you can see, there are only 11 in this picture. One of them will be joining the group on Tuesday as it got tucked in someone else's luggage. And one of the charms was sold out!




Charms from Missouri Star
I did have to purchase some of those charms and I'm not telling you how many!  And for some reason, I ended up with a couple of extra ones and a pin from the shop that was sold out of charms.

Extra charms/pins to swap 


I haven't had time to put them on the bracelet yet. I'm a tad busy and I'm about to perform a miracle this weekend. I have a "few" customer quilts that need to be quilted, a couple of classes to teach, (double booked for the meeting of the Modern Quilt Guild in my neighborhood - wasn't my fault - it happened), two quilts to quilt by Monday and still piecing them!  Oh yes - it's going to be a fun weekend. I can hardly wait to get started. I did bring in my big sewing machine today and after a smidgen of paperwork, I'm firing up that machine and we're going to have a sewing session today!

Never mind the numerous patterns that need to be written as well.  It's all FUN - I can't even call this work.  But I'm hoping the pace will slow down a smidgen after the next trade show (Quilt Canada) in a couple of weeks.  It would be nice to just sew and not have a deadline.  Not that I think that will ever stop, but ONE quilt deadline at a time would be great, not FIVE.

I've been remiss in posting the links to QUILTsocial this week.  It was my week to post about the Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 50 sewing machine.  Check out the posts (links below).  So much fun to write these posts - I can't wait for the next session. WAIT - I had better get started right now, so I'm not going to have to worry about them at the last minute. Oh my god - and check out Murphy photobombing the last post. Lexi is going to be peeved, to say the least. Again, if you don't have this machine or not in the market for a new sewing machine, there are still cool tips throughout the posts.  Check them out!

QUILTsocial posts

Monday - Highlights of the Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 50

Tuesday  - Exploring the Stitch Menus

Wednesday - Remember the five bobbin rule

Thursday - Presser foot storage and presser foot review

Friday - Project of the week


And there you have it - I've got to get the day started!

Have a super day!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment