Monday, June 5, 2017

Motivational Monday on a MONDAY

My Task Master and I are at odds these days.  I'm madly sewing things, just not my personal stuff and the Task Master is not happy!  I have one last trade show before a lull this summer and I'm taking a break. Can't wait! So for the next couple of weeks, the Task Master will be grumbling!

However, I thought I would share with you what I have been working on. 

This is a brand new quilt. So brand new that the fabric was cut on Friday. This is the FIRST project made with this fabric in Canada! And I got to make it.  The picture doesn't do justice to the quilt at all. In person, it's beautiful. A touch of gold shimmer. The collection is Northcott's Artisan Spirit Shimmer - Flight of Fancy. Comes in three color ways. The one pictured is the Earth color way.  I like the other two better because they are brighter, but the request was for this one so that's the one I made. 



Fantasy quilt designed by Paula Toups
The top is made and there isn't time to quilt it, but the customer is OK with that.  So this quilt will shortly be in a FedEx box and on it's way to the US.  There are SEVEN borders on that quilt so I did a LOT of pinning.

I got two more quilts quilted up for Canada's Big Quilt Bee. They are trimmed and now there are four waiting for the bindings to be sewn on. I'm going to try to get two more done this week and then Jane can pick up six. The remainder will have to wait until after Quilt Canada.


Ronald McDonald quilt - done

Second Ronald McDonald quilt - done!

I hate to say this, but I saw some stats posted on Facebook about the Canada Big Quilt Bee.  Over 800 quilt have been received.  No problem - quilts are good.   BUT - there are over 500 TOPS. Remember my math from yesterday????   That will take MANY MANY days to get those all quilted. If you're working on one of these quilts, do CQA a favour and send them a QUILT, not a top!

I think I'm going to have to expand my design wall or sew faster!  In the picture below, you can see, I'm now up to THREE layers of quilts.  The green one is my Block of the Month (more on that another day), the red maple leaf one is my Sesquicentennial quilt and of course, the Flight of Fancy quilt.

Three layers of quilts on the design wall


The Fantasy quilt is now gone.  I made TWO of the four maple leaf borders for my Sesquicentennial quilt so hopefully that will be off the wall very soon, leaving only the Block of the Monday which just needs the borders sewn on. I guess I can live with a 12 foot wide design wall. Just sew faster!!!

If you haven't seen my Sesquicentennial quilt, here's the link to the free pattern.  And this is what it looks like.  I can't even remember if I posted a picture - life's a bit of a blur some days!

Maple Leaf Forever

And don't forget that if you want to follow along as I make this quilt, you can watch my video.  The quilt I'm sewing in the video is the one that I'm just finishing up now. And a HUGE thank you to those of you who have downloaded the pattern, and to those who have made the quilt (I know Heather made it) and to those of you watched the video!

So Task Master - please bear with me for three more weeks. Then I'm going to just say NO to anything that isn't my personal stuff.

And on that note, it's time to get this day started.

Have a great day!!!


Ciao!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment