Friday, July 28, 2017

Tempting fate!


Why or why do I do this to myself?  I have my lists, I have my deadlines, so why was I up at 4:30 to put a binding on a quilt?  Because I decided it was better to do errands, read my book and have dinner out last night!

But there are no worries - the quilt just needs to have the sleeve hand stitched down and I'm good to go.  I started to quilt the darn thing at 7:30 last night.  I could do a wee bit more in parts of it, but it will have to do.  I'm happy with the end result given the timeline I was working with. And there is one teeny little creative design element that I noticed while quilting.  I wonder if anyone will be able to pick up on that small detail.  I totally shocked now that the quilt is together that it only happened once.  Oh - I know why - I planned it that way!!!  Right?  I did - didn't I??

By the way, I hear the weather this weekend is supposed to be the BEST of all the weekends so far this summer.  SO - if you don't have plans and even if you do -  you SHOULD come to QUILTS AT THE CREEK.  It's going to be an amazing show. Some great speakers, workshops, I'll let Valerie tell you all about it.    I can't wait to go - and I'll be there both days.

I'm dropping my quilts off this morning right after I get that sleeve stitched on.  BTW - I'm loving those little labels that insert into the binding.  I think I've used three now and I'm super excited about them.  So was the editor of one of the magazines.  Perhaps Lorna from Sew Fresh Quilts has started a trend???   If you want to order your own, check out Ikaprint.

I made a cover for my deadline book which I'll show you on Monday. Super cute!  And I NEED to remember to use Instagram.  I always forget - I forget to post and I forget to see what's happening.  It's not like I want to spend a ton of time on social media - who has time for that, but I do need to keep in the loop.

Today is the last day for this week of QUILTsocial. Be sure to check out the projects I made with my embroidery stitch-outs and there is some insight into my haphazard design process.

And on that exciting note - I'm off to do some hand stitching!

Have a super day!


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment