Saturday, September 16, 2017

Cutting marathon


I know - you all think that I'm totally crazy.  Out of my mind and well just a looney tune!  Why?  Because there are three quilts that have to be somewhere by Oct 1 and none of them are made. And the date today?  Well, it's September the 15th.  No big deal.  Let's not mention the fact that I'll be away for most of this coming week!  OK - if you didn't think I was crazy before - that fact alone should have tipped the scales!

However - it's not as bad as you think!  I got one quilt completely cut out last night including the borders and binding.  AND the basic components of the quilt are sewn together. Now those components have to be sewn together which I don't think will take too long. Magazines (for the most part) want quilts that look good and are EASY to make. So - this shouldn't be too big of a deal to do this hat trick!

My scrap basket

Doesn't that look so pretty!

The fabrics for the next quilt are on the cutting table and it's a smaller than normal quilt for me. It's super simple so I hope to have that one cut out today. And I have to prepare for my class tomorrow which requires a bit more sewing.

The third quilt - well, I don't have the fabric yet.   Don't even go there!  It's not my fault!

I know most of you can't understand why or how I get myself into these messes or how I continue to put up with the pressure of the deadlines.  I just love to sew!  I'll make anything - well most anything. I did say NO when I was asked to contribute a quilted vest at work.  No clothes! Sorry!   (It was a joke by the way!)

The good news is that NONE of the three quilts require half square triangles, no trimming, no squaring - just cutting and sewing.  One quilt has borders - two pieces - one on either side of the quilt, the second quilt has only one border on all four sides and the last one - I can't even remember what it looks like!  All require simple quilting so we should be good.

Never mind that there is a large customer quilt on the long arm that has to be done first.  A small table runner that has to be quilted and bound by Tuesday morning (it's made) and a meeting this morning for our NEW Modern Quilt Guild - more on that tomorrow and then that class tomorrow and the prep for the class that will take place when I'm not here and someone else has to teach it for me.  OH - I think it's going to be a busy weekend with a LOT of cutting and sewing - but it's fun sewing!

I think that dear sweet Lexi has been at the computer and now has two posts that I didn't link to.  You better check them out as she thinks she getting the short end of attention around here. Poor thing!

On that note, I'm off for my presentation this morning at the modern guild!

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment