Thursday, October 12, 2017

Where is my secretary?

So?  What do you think??? 

Hopefully, you noticed the new background! This is one of my all-time favorite quilts that I made. I love the rich colors, I love that it's scrappy. I need to hang it back up.  At one time or another, I had quilts all over the house. Well, there are still quilts all over the house, but none are on the walls at the moment. I took some down for a trunk show and well, they just never got put back up because it seems that I needed them for something or other. But once Market is over, time to hang those quilts back up! 

I changed the quilts in my office today.  It's officially Halloween time so two Halloween quilts are up. And I have a beach one on the other wall so I can think about warm weather!

Has this ever happened to you?  I have a regular guild meeting tonight for one of my modern quilt guilds. I've been telling everyone that I won't be at the meeting because I'm scheduled to talk at a guild. OK.  Then I realized that my talk was on Wednesday, but to an entirely different guild. That appointment was also on my calendar. I booked back to back. Oh well. No worries.  Then when I did some checking this morning, I realized that the appointment for tonight was in fact in 2016!!!!!   I must have tentatively booked the date off when we were discussing me coming to chat and I put in the wrong year!!!   How's that for giving oneself a heart attack!!!   So that means I can go to my Modern Guild meeting tonight!!!  Yeah!!!   But seriously - I need to be a wee bit more organized when it comes to that. I was a bit curious why there was no topic chosen and why no one had contacted me to confirm!  DUH!!!! 

But I will be speaking on Monday again and I have all the information for that! 

I've been binge watching quilt shows!   No - not on TV, but on YouTube.  If you remember, I had provided you with a link to The Quilt Project that was produced by Patchwork Plus in Virginia.   If you haven't watched any of the shows, it's a fun watch.  The editing needs a wee bit of work, but overall, you get the idea.  And what a fun idea. I really want to host something like this, but where and when?

Have a look - I've listed all the episodes here.


Episode One

Episode Two

Episode Three

Episode Four


Episode Five

I think there is one more, but I haven't watched it yet.  If you binge watch these, the next one comes up right after.  Easy!

Actually, a couple of my cohorts and I have already had a lengthy discussion about this and we have plans!  Oh yes - we have plans!   Just have to get organized to make it happen.  Do I have any contestants???  It would be way better to do in person than online.  But it could happen online. Just not the same amount of fun!


Thanks to Shirley for alerting me to this show.  It's fun and I think they've done a great job. Yes - there are things that I would do differently in terms of technical stuff, but everything is a learning experience!

I want to say a big shout-out to the Grand Quilt Guild in Fergus.  That's where I was last night.  What an amazing group of quilters.  This group was excited.  Every speaker who got up to chat was very animated and I really felt this was a super cohesive guild. You could feel the electricity in the air!  Thanks for letting me entertain you!  It was so much fun!

Speaking of EQ8, if you currently own EQ7, you are eligible for the upgrade on October 23. If you want to buy it outright, then you have to wait until sometime in November.  Me?  I'm ordering on October 23.  Actually, I'm going to pre-order the software today and then get it on October 23. I'm NOT excited!!!   The best place I've seen so far is NextStepDesigns. Kat is the lady who so graciously brought us the 150 Canadian Women series of quilt blocks.  If you go to the link, scroll down until you see the space for ordering.  The cost is $100  which is a good price and there is also the Lesson Book for $35.   I'm getting both!   Thanks Kat for making this great offer for us.  And since I'm doing the upgrade, there is nothing to ship!  I get an access code or something and then I can download the software!!!   Is it October 23 yet?

On that note, I'm off to cut more fabric yet again today!  It just doesn't seem to stop and I have one more sleeve to sew on so I can finish watching the last of The Quilt Project.

Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment