Saturday, May 19, 2018

I just did what????


I really didn't have any plans to watch, but I just watched the Royal Wedding. I didn't mean to but when I got up and I was listening to the radio and they were talking about the Royal Wedding, I succumbed and got out my iPad and watched it live while I was sewing.

Watching the Royal Wedding

I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. I watched the other two significant Royal Weddings. It was an interesting wedding and some of the words in the ceremony made me think back to Charles and Diana's wedding. Oh boy - I wonder if Charles (and the Queen) reflected on those words? Oh well - I wish them well. But - seriously????   After the wedding, they are now analyzing every minute detail about the wedding. Good grief. Totally crazy!!!   The big question - did I like the dress? Not really - it didn't seem to fit properly around the bust. It looks very bunchy and lumpy when she was standing at the altar. I knew absolutely nothing about Meghan before - no idea even that she was from a biracial family. That's how much of a vacuum I live in!!!  But now, it's' time to move on and get something else done in the day.

I'm not a big fan of watching weddings, but I do remember one wedding in particular. I was living in Montreal at the time and we lived in an apartment that was opposite a big church. From my living room window, I could see right inside the church when the doors were open. One Saturday in the summer, it was hot and the doors were open. I sat and watched the entire wedding. Why?  No idea, but it was kind of cool. Then they got into an old-fashioned car with a rumble seat in the back. They drove around the block and then got out for the reception in the church basement!!!  Why do I remember that?  I've no idea but I do!!!

I promised I would tell you my tea story and then I'll tell you about the quilting part of my day.

I decided that it was time to switch from hot tea to iced tea. It is summer after all. So at David's, I spent some time, sniffing out some good iced teas. Fortunately, they have some pouches of teas that work well for iced tea.

Pouches of iced tea mix


I decided to buy a sample of their Spiced Apple tea as well. Just a taste in the event that I didn't like it.


Spiced Apple tea sample
And then to top it off, I bought a tea press. I wanted something to make the iced tea in (the tea is loose) and this tea press is good for hot or cold tea. It's perfect. This was the closest I could get to orange. It's coral which is in the orange family!!!


Tea press


Hmm - there is only one bad thing about this tea press. I burned my tongue drinking my tea yesterday. Yes - the tea stays hot, hot, hot for hours!!!!!  And this is how you steep the tea. It's great and the nice thing, it's easy to clean when you're finished.


Steeping the tea


I didn't have any ice yesterday so I couldn't make iced tea, so I did try the Apple Cider. Gosh - it sure tasted HERBAL.  I wasn't a fan so I doubt that I'll buy more of that.  But now I have ice in the freezer and I'm going to try one of the iced teas this morning. Of course, it's a cloudy rainy day out - not the kind of day for iced tea. I may have my standby tea - the Apple Spiced Cider.


Since I showed my flowers the other day, I thought I should show you the flowering tree in my front yard. It's pretty amazing and unfortunately, the flowers don't last that long, but they've been out for a couple of weeks now. The flowers are slowly being replaced by leaves.


Flowering tree in my front yard


I made good progress on the pattern that I'm writing. It's a question of how much formatting I need/want to do. I may have to do a bit of research to make that happen. While I know the basics of my software programs, I'm not into doing a lot of formatting!  Always something to learn.


Then it was time to zip downstairs and fire up the long arm. The HUGE quilt had been loaded the previous day so I didn't have to do that. But this quilt is HUGE.


HUGE QUILT
 I'm always leery about big quilts, but this one quilted up very nicely. I was hoping to get some other stuff done while quilting it, but that didn't happen. While you can step away for a few minutes, you really don't have time to focus on anything too detailed.

I did learn one small thing. But I was able to fix it and no one will know what happened. A tiny bit of removing a few extra stitches but that won't take long. It needs to be trimmed and ready for pickup!!!

And this is the moment that is the most exciting when quilting a quilt - when the final row is being stitched.


The final row is being stitched
 Here's the huge quilt!!!!


Customer quilt - DONE

One more shot of the finished quilt


The backing was made with leftovers from the front of the quilt. It looks awesome and yes, even with all those seams, the back behaved.

The quilt backing


I had better get the rest of this embroidery block remarked. When I was watching the Royal Wedding, I was stitching. I'malmostt done the tree and that means, I'll be running out of stuff to stitch.

Progress on the embroidery


I'm rather happy with my progress and just goes to show that when you do a little bit of something every day, you can actually get a lot done!!!!

I was working on stuff for my upcoming blog posts and that is going to be the focus of the day. I actually have NOTHING planned for the weekend (well until Monday) and I'm super excited about that. It's raining and wet so no outside activities today. That's good, that means I won't be stealing a few moments here and there outside!!!   I'll be chained to the computer and the sewing machine today.

On that note, I'd better get myself going.

Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment